Impruneta is a quiet little town located about 15 kilometers south of Florence. It is known for its production of terracotta statues, vases, urns, tables, etc. I woke up this morning and decided I would gear up to walk to Impruneta to get my exercise for the day. Google maps gave me a route through the countryside and told me it would take approximately 2.5 hours. I packed a small bag (a clutch purse) with my phone, bus ticket for the ride home and a few Euros for a water. Wearing warm enough clothes, I set out. Two and a half hours later I arrived in Impruneta to find every single thing closed. So I bought a bottle of water and waited 2o minutes for the bus back to Florence.
It's not the smartest, or even most fun, thing I have ever done. And I definitely will not be doing it ever again. However, I got my exercise for the day and did in fact survive the trip. So, let me be clear - I do not recommend this to anyone. It was a long, cold walk that was pretty much all up hill. But I did snap some pictures and thought I may as well share them.
Wow, I absolutely love the first photo. This sounds like fun even though everything was closed. Such the life in Italy! Thanks for linking up this week Sally, XO
ReplyDeleteWell at least you got some good photos for your efforts. The first time I visited Impruneta I was't too impressed, however I have come round to thinking that it wouldn't be such a bad place to live. Maybe give it another try when everything isn't closed?
ReplyDelete