Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

Really appreciated the cheesiness of this one...

In honor of America's birthday, I tried to do some American things in the past couple of days. Okay, I mean, I didn't try that hard - I really just happened upon some things that were quite American.

Yesterday I celebrated my 4th of July by going to see an Italian singer named Max Gazze` do Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon - Live at Pompei - but at the outdoor Teatro Romano in Fiesole. It wasn't exactly what I expected, but it was a nice night out of the house with some live music.
 
Immediately following the concert's conclusion, I insisted upon a cheeseburger, which I have been craving since about March. We drove to Firenze Sud (south Florence) to a little roadside stand that is known for the late-night greasy burgers and hot dogs that you can't really find many places. We had ourselves a burger and beer and toasted the good ol' U.S.A.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! We are American afterall. I think I will have a burger today, you tempted my craving! :)

    ReplyDelete