Monday, June 27, 2011

Italy, Meet Oprah

Well last night I experienced my world turned upside down. I was sitting down having a meal with my Italian boyfriend and was telling a few stories about amazing videos and some things I had seen on Oprah (1 - woman stabbed by blue marlin but saved by breast implant, 2 - man who lives with wolves). It was only after the second story that he asked, "Wait, where did you see this?" I replied, "On Oprah." He said, "On what?" .......With my jaw dropped, "OH-PRAH!" He had absolutely no idea who or what I was talking about and insisted he had never seen or heard of her before.

So, Italy, meet Oprah. Queen of the United States of America.

5 comments:

  1. SO FUNNY!!!! I can imagine how funny that must of been! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is so hilarious. I had the exact same face of SHOCK when my Italiano said the same thing. He was more like "What is Oprah?" Funny how I just assumed everyone on the planet Earth knew who she was! So when he visited me I sat him down and made him watch it with me. I don't think he was that impressed.

    Funny how they don't know who Oprah is, but they seem to know who Snooki is! =P
    Thanks for the giggle..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, who doesn't know who Oprah is anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is your american boyfriend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good question, Norie. See I have so many all around the world that I have to differentiate by nationality. Even then I tend to lose track.

    ReplyDelete