Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Italy Travel Tip #1 – Earplugs & Sound Machines


One of the things I hear the most from travelers is how noisy it can be in your hotel room or rented apartment. It's pretty common to hear sounds of bottles clanging at 5 a.m., drunk people singing the streets at 3 a.m., or zippy little scooters and motorcycles at all hours of the night. It's less common to have soundproof windows or a fan to drown out the noises.

For this, I highly recommended either earplugs or downloading a sound machine app to your phone or iPad before coming over. Earplugs work great for some people, but I myself can't sleep with them in. I use the Sleep Fan app on my iPad and am a happy little sleeper throughout the night.

1 comment:

  1. I normally do fine with earplugs on, but that Sleep Fan app could be a good alternative, especially if I forgot to bring my earplugs on my trip. If all else fails, you can always drown them out with television noise. Haha!

    ReplyDelete