Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Halloween in Florence is not the same Halloween it is in the States. However, the Americans here really get into the spirit, and hopefully drag a few Italians along with them. Yesterday I went in costume to a house party with some friends, before heading out to a "local" bar where nobody was dressed up. Both places were very fun. (My friend Christine and I before heading out.)


In other news, I feel extremely lucky lately and have been one of those stupidly happy people that you love to hate. Many factors contribute to my happiness, so I'll just run down a list.


1. My brother and his wife, Matt & Colleen, are about to have their first baby in just a couple of weeks, which means that I'm going to be an aunt!


2. I had an incredible weekend in Germany, Austria and Switzerland with a great new friend, Sebastian, who I met at Oktoberfest. You can see photos here


3. I am expecting wonderful visitors here in Florence over the next few months. First up, Ali Rieck for Thanksgiving week!!! Then following Ali is Sebastian, and after the new year, my "little" brother Andy and cousins Emily and Mary.


4. I am coming home for Christmas! I will be in Kansas City December 16-29 and I hope to see everyone there.


Florence is still wonderful and feels more and more like home all the time. I will be moving apartments on November 10, but just to a little studio down the street from where I am now. Luckily for Andrea and Nancy, it's close enough that I can stop by anytime for dinner! And lucky for me it's close enough to walk because my bike got stolen this week. Guess I just have to find another.


I hope everyone is well and that I get a chance to see everyone in just a few weeks!


Baci!

No comments:

Post a Comment