---
There are many beautiful statues and works of art throughout Florence. It is the birthplace of the Renaissance and home to some of the world's most treasured pieces of art. You can't so much as walk down the street without being awestruck by a beautiful doorway or an ornate doorknob. Everything is so richly steeped in history and pretty much pre-dates the establishment of the United States of America. So I find it funny that every morning as I go on my run, every statue of an individual that I see, I immediately identify as Benjamin Franklin or Theodore Roosevelt.
---
Updates:
I finally bought a bike about two weeks ago. It was 80 Euros, which is a tad expensive in terms of buying a used bike that will most likely be stolen within a few months. It only took a few days before it started falling apart on me. The first weekend I had it I was riding through a busy intersection, about to cross the bridge, and my pedal fell off causing me to fall, cut my hand and stop traffic. No worries, everyone, the only thing really hurt was my pride. Then the basket on the front fell apart a few days later and the little piece that covers the wheel is hanging on for dear life. But either way, it helps me avoid having to take the bus. Now I just have to worry about getting hit BY the bus.
I have pretty much never been busier than job-wise I am right now. I started giving the wine tours (by myself) this week and it's going very well. I work three days a week on the tour and three days in the office doing marketing. Plus I babysit Lorenzo 1-2 times a week, go meet friends for an aperitivo or dinner and try to maintain a social life. I haven't had a day without work or some sort of responsibility in over a month and it's getting to be a little much. Some travel and days off would be nice, but I guess it's all in due time. Especially considering I really wasn't working for 2 months this summer.
Last week we celebrated Andrea's birthday at the apartment where I played the role of pastry chef, soux chef and inebriated hostess. A few of my contributions:
| Fresh figs, stuffed with gorgonzola and wrapped with fresh prosciutto. |
| German chocolate cake with fresh raspberries and powdered sugar. |
Here is a shot of the Uffizi and Ponte Vecchio I took as I was walking home from work yesterday. This is my commute!
| My walk home |
Still so jealous of you! I'm glad everything is going so well. I want some of those figs..like right now! Keep having fun!
ReplyDelete