Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Amazing Bike Tour

I just spent the most beautiful day out in the country on a bike tour. My new roommate is a guide for I Bike Italy and took me out for the day - just the two of us.

We started from the campsite outside of Florence and biked through the countryside - past olive trees, vineyards, beautiful churches and other sites - for about two hours before stopping for lunch at a winery in San Casciano. We took a tour of the winery first, then sat down for some pasta and vino. After lunch we cruised back down towards the campsite, stopping along the way for some photos and gelato.

Views along the way
This is a fantastic tour and I have to say we had the best day for it. Note, it's not for the faint of heart. There were a few steep hills and some pretty difficult sections. Kelly and I went pretty quickly today, but she said normally the groups leaves around 10 or 10:30 and gets back around 4. And the first part is the most difficult. The second half, thankfully after lunch with wine, is mostly downhill.

The lunch stop - gorgeous
Oh and fun side note - my bike's name was Mustang Sally. (My name is Sally for those of you who don't know.) A match made in heaven.



View all of the photos here

No comments:

Post a Comment